Mercury and dental alloys
A TOXICITY TO BE NEUTRALIZED
Unfortunately, mercury is still often used in dental amalgam: a compound that is used to carry out dental fillings.
However, mercury is continuously released by the oral cavity - both in the form of vapours and microparticles - and travelling through the lungs and the stomach, it reaches to various organs (liver, kidneys, endocrine glands, heart and central nervous system), with a slow but continuous poisoning effect.
Moreover, mercury has a high toxicity level for both the immune system and the functioning of the entire body.
At present, amalgam fillings are still definitely overused:
As a matter of fact, the mercury intake exceeds the threshold value established by the World Health Organization (WHO) when amalgam fillings exceed 2 in number.
It is therefore absolutely necessary to verify, by means of cutting-edge diagnostic tools, the mercury level found in the body and gradually replace amalgam fillings with biological compounds.
Diagnostic methods used:
1) METALTEST: it is carried out on a sample of urine and is useful to determine the presence of mercury in relation to normally accepted values.
2) AMALGAMETER: it is a tool which assesses the level of danger involved in a given mercury filling, through differences in potential.