Mercury and dental alloys
A HEAVY METAL NEVER TO BE MADE LIGHT OF
Mercury is not just a heavy metal, but also and primarily a very dangerous poison: indeed, it is the most toxic element on Earth, second only to plutonium.
To understand its high toxicity, suffice it to say that the modest amount that is found in older fever thermometers is sufficient to contaminate a small lake.
Extensive scientific research studies have established a relationship between mercury toxicity and the onset of certain diseases such as arthritis, depression, learning disabilities, Alzheimer's disease, autism and schizophrenia.
Moreover, it is important to highlight how the mercury that is found in the mother’s body can go to the baby through the placenta during pregnancy and, after birth, through breastmilk feeding.